Tuesday, August 12, 2014

the Beach

 We got to go spend some time in Florida with my Mom and cousin Addie.  We enjoyed lots of seafood and time in the water.  Brian got a sunburn and we caught crabs so I think all beach activities were pretty much covered.  Good times.

Charlie's first time flying with his own seat. 
 And we enjoyed an extra loop around the DFW on the train since we had a three hour layover.
 Viola got to pick one cousin and Addie was the winner.  She was lots of fun and inspired a love of wave jumping.
 The girls painted their own beach bags under the tutelage of Cindy.


 This is a typical beach morning.  Hot beverages and breakfast on the porch with yesterday's beach gear strewn about the table and chair backs and some kind of spray that makes Foster behave (kind of).
 Brian and I even did some beach inspired painting.  Can you guess which one is mine?
 Charlie always brought a rubber duckie to the beach.
 Brian was Mr. Fun in the waves, until his back turned a purple-ish shade of red.  
Note: remove shirt to put on sunscreen.
 Addie and I found some crab friends.
And for the big treat, a virgin Pina Colada at the Pavilion overlooking the beach. One of my best beach memories from the days when I would sleep in my swimsuit so that I could get to the pool as early as possible.

 Then we hit the pool, hard.
 Thanks for the good times and the seafood Cindy.

No comments: